xxxx -this is not shown

xxxx -this is not shown
Sixty days on the road.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Chicago

Chicago, taken from Navy Pier




The last three days of this northward journey were cold, but in my Halloween costume I was comfortable.









Finally in the distance, a hazy metropolis appeared.  Approaching from the south on a bike trail along Lake Michigan, the end of the trail was in sight. 






Route 66 suddenly became busy Adams Street. And then the end of the trail near Buckingham Fountain and Art Institute of Chicago.  





Reflection of a building from another building
Windows are mirrors, reflecting morning sun
 onto a building across the street.












Michael Angerman has completed the map of my journey.  Find it at:  Google Map Link for my ride from Pasadena to Chicago 

Picasso Statue



I wish to thank all of you who followed these blog postings.  Your comments have encouraged me along the way.  

11 comments:

  1. What a trip, well done!

    Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you so much Sharon for sharing your trip. I love to receive your email notifications and looking at those beautiful awesome pictures, even though I rarely have time to comment.
    I sent your blog link to my friend in Taiwan who loves to take bike trips too.
    -Muhsin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to to have you along vicariously, Muhsin

      Delete
  3. Welcome back.
    After such an adventure you must've turned into a skeleton with just skin on the old bones just in time for Halloween. You have 2 winning photos for sure. They are #2 & #6 as seen here. And the grand Prize for #3 with much doctoring like lots more contrast, more warming of the blue hues. Gee, nothing that you can't do with seven photoshop clicks... chuckling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Alex, and for your comments and suggestions. I try to present the photos in the way that the scene appear in reality. I am often to tempted to Photoshop them for greater beauty or appeal, for an impressionistic presentation, but I prefer to show nature as it is as closely as a camera can.

      Delete
    2. I agree with you and enjoyed all the photos you showed us. Thank you, Sharon.

      Delete
  4. The sculpture is an Afghan Hound. I have one. Picasso had several.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have many favorites of your photos in this trip, but the misty Chicago photo from far, to me, is the most emotionally charged. I love it. Thank you, Sharon, for this trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed it, Keiko. The city through the mist is one my favorites too.

      Delete